The times we gather for worship are powerful opportunities to hear the Word of God and the voice of the Holy Spirit. The Easter, Christmas, and Summer seasons have a special worship schedules. Please check our home page for updates.
8 am Reverent & Quiet Holy Eucharist
10 am Choral Holy Eucharist
- All those worshiping with us are invited to receive Holy Communion
- Gluten-free wafers are available; please ask the clergy during Communion
- A Sign Language Interpreter can be arranged by calling the church office during regular business hours.
- Hearing boosters are available for those who have trouble hearing
- Large print service leaflets are available. Just let an usher know that you prefer one.
11 am Lectio Divina followed by Noonday Prayer
Worshiping with Children
We welcome all to our services and are delighted to have children of all ages worshiping with us. Some families like to sit in the front where they can see everything, while others prefer to sit in the back where they can move around quietly. We have a carpeted area with a selection of children’s books and toys for those who find that helpful. You are always welcome to use the parlor, where the service is available by speaker, if you need to stretch your legs a bit more.
7 pm on the first Wednesday of the month
Once a month we offer Taizé, a contemplative candle-lit service in the model set by the French village of Taizé. This prayer service at St. John’s moves along according to a certain rhythm through sung prayers, simple, beautiful music, a time of silence, spoken and silent prayers, and opportunity for individual prayer and anointing with holy oil. We invite all who attend this ecumenical offering to the community to stop, pray with song and silence, and listen to the “still, small voice” within. The mind calms and the soul opens up. God speaks and the heart hears. We invite you to come and share in the experience of Taizé prayer. The 45-50 min. service starts at 7 p.m., on the first Wednesday of each month.